Nombre total de pages vues

jeudi 14 juillet 2016

SAINT MONICA UNIVERSITY, MY DAUGHTER AND ME


 PHOTOGRAPH OF ME TAKEN ON 4 JUNE 2016 DURING THE COMMENCEMENT (GRADUATION) CEREMONY OF SAINT MONICA UNIVERSITY IN BUEA WHERE I TEACH MASS COMMUNICATION AND I AM DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION

The university offers a wide range of courses at different levels, right up to the PhD. One of its distinctive characteristics is that students who cannot pursue on-campus studies can conveniently do so wherever they are either online or by distance education.  What`s more, intake is so broad-based that candidates can move across disciplines. An example can be seen in my own department where some of my MA in Mass Communication students have come from a different background such as Linguistics


I DEDICATE THE PHOTOGRAPH TO MY DAUGHTER, AZI AZONGA, WHO IS PICTURED BELOW

She has pride of place because she is not only the first of my children in order of birth, but the first of my girl children. What`s more, after earning a degree in Public Health from Birmingham University and actually landing a job in that field, she decided to leave it and train as a teacher. I felt very touched and honoured when she wrote to me saying: 
"Dad, I am starting my new job today in London as a trainee teacher. The school will be training me to become a teacher just like you.". Today, she`s a Special Needs Teacher in a Newham School. And we`re colleagues! Daughter, I`m so proud of you! To her mum be the praise and to God be the glory!

 AZI AZONGA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire