Nombre total de pages vues

mercredi 24 septembre 2014

POSTCARD FOR MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS



                         (The poem I promised PracXide)

This is a picture of PracXide P. SoRaya. She`s one of my Facebook friends. She was also my student in the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Buea, Republic of Cameroon.

Last week I realized she`d changed her Facebook profile picture and I immediately informed her that the new picture had inspired a poem in mine. Should I write the poem? If I do, should I post it publicly on Facebook. She said I should write and post. Here today is the poem.

MESSAGE FROM WHERE I AM POSTURING


I will pose again
God being my helper
I will pose for you
Just for you
As I am
All in red
Not as the Lady in red
But as myself
I will do it for you
My friends of Facebook.


I will pose again
With the same smile
The same red frock like I said
The same dark glasses
Not worn
But slung across my head
On my beautifully done hair
Above my peering gaze
The drooping hair makes me look like a lioness
But I`m not a Leo
And I like it.


I will pose again
And once more demonstrate to you
My inclined feminine charm
My right hand on my neck
My left hand on my waist
The golden medallion
Hung between my lovely breasts
From the unobtrusive yet conspicuous string
Wound around my neck.


I will pose again
And prove to you
That precious necklace that looks effaced
Yet it is omnipresent
Like the contour lines below my neck.
You may look as much as you like
You won`t see the fingers of my right hand
That`s because they`re clasped and tucked away
But I`ll let you spot four of my fingers
Yes, just four of them
Those on my left hand
What I`ve hidden is the left thumb
I did so intentionally
Call it a game of hide and see if you like
After all, that`s just me.


I will pose again
But I won`t tell you where I am
I want you to think and find out for yourself
It looks like I`m on a bridge
Not just any bridge
But one whose architecture is baroque and byzantine
It is also majestic and immaculate because it`s white
On the near side is a hybrid flora
Half mangrove, half Sahelian
Further afield it`s desert-like, perhaps the Sahara
At the far end
The mountainous features are enveloped in a mist
From mist to mystery
To infinity
To the almighty.
The alpha and the omega
The beginning of life
The end of life.


But mine is only just beginning
And I ask you to wait for it
Wait for another post card
I won`t tell you where it will come from
But it will come
So I will pose again
God being my helper
I will pose for you
Just for you
As I am
All in red.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire