Nombre total de pages vues

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

WHY I LOVE THE RAIN





(For my three children who were born  in Britain and live in Britain and are active members of the  Facebook  family. They are Azi Azonga (F), Tayong Artist TYN Azonga (M), and Lum Azonga F), so that they don`t forget what rain is like on the other side of the globe. Rain is rain but it does different things in different places).

I love the rain
I love it when it drizzles
But I also love it when it pelts
Hailstones come as the icing on the cake.

I love to run in it
And let it rain its bullets on my body
I love to shower myself in its free water
I love to open my mouth and fill it up
And then like a thirsty lion, gulp it down.

I love to walk in rain water
All of that with my bear feet
It tickles the soles of my feet and makes me jerk
Sometimes it threatens to sweep me away
I love to stand back and watch it sweep away
Those odd pieces and boxes and tins
But not our play things.

I love to hear the sound of falling rain
As it lashes out at our metallic roofs
And deafen us with its sound
But rain on rooftops lulls me to sleep
And I love that
I love to rush out basin in hand like my mother
And trap the falling roof rain for home use.

What I hate is the thunder
It`s not friendly
It struck down our neighbour
And burnt up our garden tree
The sudden and loud lightening flash
Frightens our chickens
And send then scuttling away
Why did thunder and lightning have to come
And spoil the show?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire