Nombre total de pages vues

dimanche 14 décembre 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A SON WITH A DIFFERENCE

 PICTURE CAPTIONS:

ABOVE: Tayong as he was when he was a little over a year old.
I carried him shoulder-high here, pointing him to the  the sky, to stress the philosophy that the sky must be the limit.

BELOW: Tayong as he is today. He is an accomplished musician among other things. His music talent must have come from his paternal uncle S`TAH (Tah Asongwed who has not only released his own musical albums but has produced other musicians such as NI Ken and Rick Nguti) and his maternal uncle, then of GME Enterprise  (Philip Forsang Ndikum who produced a good number of Cameroonian musicians such as Marcel Ndjiahe and Solo Mouna)

POEM FOR THE ARTIST SON

This is TAYONG ARTIST, whose birthday is today, the 14th of December.
 He is not just my son but a son with a difference.
He is the first of my sons
And therefore in his own way, a pioneer
A pacesetter
A trail blazer
The first child was a girl, Abu Azi
But when he came along
He set his own pace by being a boy
He reversed the trend
He broke the female tradition set by his elder sister
I don`t know how that gender equity came about
I suppose God in his infinite wisdom knows it
And his mum feels it
Thanks to God again
The game switch continued because after Tayong
Came another girl, Lum.
But that is not all.

Tayong is special in another way
He is named after my grandfather, Nei Tayong
Also known as Ndzah Fufuh, son of Anomah
Who was the prince-son of His Royal Majesty Fon Njie Ngie
Who ruled Mbu-Baforchu about a century and a half ago
As such, my son is not only my son
But also my grandfather
Happy birthday, Pa Nei!
Happy birthday, Pa!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire