Nombre total de pages vues

jeudi 12 mars 2015

TRIBUTE TO KAYE WHITEMAN OF WEST AFRICA LONDON





Sometime last year, the longest-serving Editor of the now defunct London-based WEST AFRICA magazine, British-born Kaye Whiteman, died. The news was broken to me  by  one of my colleagues at the magazine when I served as a Staff Journalist there. He was the company`s in-house Artist, Cartoonist and Designer,  Tayo Fatunla. In reaction to the sad news,  I wrote an appreciation of the man Kaye Whiteman as I saw him.

 He was the main person who interviewed and recruited me at the magazine`s headquarters in London, back then in the mid 1980s, in his capacity as the magazine`s General Manager. He was assisted at the interview by the then Editor, Onyema Ugochukwu. I took over the Francophone/Lusophone News Desk from Mark Doyle who had just clinched another job at Amnesty International.

To read my appreciation of Kaye Whiteman, please, follow the link below on Sumbola:

https://sumbola.com/articles/430/tribute-to-a-mentor-in-journalism

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire