Nombre total de pages vues

jeudi 12 décembre 2013

MY PUNCTURED AMERICAN DREAM

By Tikum Mbah Azonga I live in Miami Figure in hand, credit card in pocket I am one of the first, if not the first Cameroonians to have settled here I know the place inside out I have children born here, Americans all of them And I want to run for mayor of the city Some of my children are for, some against Their mother wants us to return home, to our country of birth She’s feed up with attitudes and grimaces and comments Everywhere she goes But does it matter, since we are so fine here, after all? Or so I thought, before I returned home last night And found written in provocative blood-like letters on my wall : « Niggers, go back to where you belong and Leave America to Americans !» Is that fair ? My children were born here and are American My wife and I are covered by the Green Card. We’re not even ready to return home. Even if we are, it’s only some of us, not all, especially the kids My family is split on the issue Where then is the land of opportunities for us? And is the legendary statue of liberty Still not towering over there in New York Like the Eiffel Tower in Paris?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire