Nombre total de pages vues

lundi 23 décembre 2013

THE FISH SHE DENIED ME

I stood guard on the spot I did so all day, all night You weren’t there, but I was there Out of fidelity Out of love I stood guard on the spot. I wasn’t pushed If anything, I jumped With no prompting, no probing I offered myself My life My all To you, all of me; all of it Leaving nothing behind Holding back nothing I didn’t want to rime with Ananias. I stood guard alone, all alone Everyone else left Vanished, vamoosed All, except me They who paid you lip service They who smiled before you And jeered behind you. I used my entire arsenal And borrowed what remained of my Dad’s Relics from his good old days as Mr. Marriott’s night watchman Spear, gun and baton From the sanctum sanctorum I did all of that For you Just for you. Yet when you emerged with the fish And before my starving eyes You called up the others, each by name And gave them useful parts of your fish Head, tail and even middle That coveted and succulent bottom And they munched it all before my very eyes Oh, how my mouth watered And my eyes bled And my feeble legs wobbled!

1 commentaire:

  1. TH FISH SHE DENIED ME

    I stood guard on the spot
    I did so all day, all night
    You weren’t there, but I was there
    Out of fidelity
    Out of love
    I stood guard on the spot.


    I wasn’t pushed
    If anything, I jumped
    With no prompting, no probing
    I offered myself
    My life
    My all
    To you, all of me; all of it
    Leaving nothing behind
    Holding back nothing
    I didn’t want to rime with Ananias.


    I stood guard alone, all alone
    Everyone else left
    Vanished, vamoosed
    All, except me
    They who paid you lip service
    They who smiled before you
    And jeered behind you.
    I used my entire arsenal
    And borrowed what remained of my Dad’s
    Relics from his good old days as Mr. Marriott’s night watchman
    Spear, gun and baton
    From the sanctum sanctorum
    I did all of that
    For you
    Just for you.


    Yet when you emerged with the fish
    And before my starving eyes
    You called up the others, each by name
    And gave them useful parts of your fish
    Head, tail and even middle
    That coveted and succulent bottom
    And they munched it all before my very eyes
    Oh, how my mouth watered
    And my eyes bled
    And my feeble legs wobbled!

    RépondreSupprimer