Nombre total de pages vues

jeudi 23 janvier 2014

A POEM FOR MY TEACHER OF CLASS ONE PRIMARY SCHOOL



THE PLANT

(For My Class One Teacher of Primary School)
 
This is a  poem of appreciation for Miss Theresa Foleng who taught me in Class One Primary at St. Francis School, Bambili, popularly known as “Tseywi”. I remember Miss Foleng because once a week – on Wednesday, I think – she marched her class to the nearby ‘ntseywi” stream and made them have a bath for the sake of hygiene and cleanliness.

However, when she lined us up for the stream, she would remove me from the line and give me her purse to carry so that she and I walked by the side of the others. When we got to the stream and others were bathing themselves, the teacher would bathe me. At the end of the exercise, we all marched to class just as we had arrived.  to class in the same manner. Later she got married and is today Miss Ngu Theresa née Foleng

Below is a poem that I wrote in memory of our good days in primary school. This poem, entitled `The Plant` is taken from my book of poems, `Sighs and Whispers from Within` which was on the National Education Book list for Form 2 for 2006-2009.


THE PLANT

(For Mrs Theresa Ngu née Foleng)

I plant here and now
And this just for you
The mustard seed come from Ebwa
It`s tree will blossom with a bow.

Sometime and soon too
I will write your name and mine
On its back flowing with wine
Then will there be a waltz for two.

Long after you and are gone
This mother of trees well blessed
Will still be here not at all pressed
Blowing our name in in the wind like the Missouri corn.

 THE END

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire