Nombre total de pages vues

vendredi 24 janvier 2014

THE PENNY THE MOTHER OF JESUS NEVER HAD



THE PENNY THE MOTHER OF JESUS NEVER HAD

By Tikum MbahAzonga

From where I stood, it looked like a match stic
And it was so close to her effigy
I needed one badly to light the altar candle
So I said, “How timely!”
I had not found any on the table for candles to be lit for Mary
Yet there were usually boxes of matches there ready and waiting for the faithful.
 I couldn`t find the catechist anywhere to ask
No one else could
If this was the Presbyterian Church I would readily have found
An array of church elders in their resplendent white gowns
Only too willing to help.
But this was the Catholic church
At the catechist`s house I was told “he must be somewhere out there”
There at the altar there were many other anxious Christians ready to light a candle and drop something for Mary
For the one and only Mary, the mother of Christ
Aswe waited to no avail, we grew weary
And one by one, we started leaving the church
Some people still dropped their contribution in the box
But some of us felt that to so would be to short change Our Blessed Mother
It would be to betray her   foolishly
Despite what she had done to save the world?
I left with my contribution in my pocket
Hoping that the following Sunday at mass I would try again
Unfortunately, since no one knows tomorrow except God
On that day I found myself somewhere else
And not at that particular church
At this other church, as it turned out
There was no provision for a box for Mary
That`s why an opportunity knocks only once.

THE END

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire