Nombre total de pages vues

samedi 4 janvier 2014

HOW REV. Fr. KINTANG AND I WERE SLIGHTED

By Tikum Mbah Azonga

////////////////////////////////////

THE STARTING BLOCK 


Once when my family and I lived in Luton (Britain) the Rev. Michael Kintang came over for further studies. I suggested he should visit us and say mass in our local church. He liked the idea, so did Parish Priest. The latter said Fr. Kintang would not just be chief celebrant but actually the lone celebrant.

AT CHURCH FOR MASS

When Father arrived I took him to the Paris Priest. On seeing him, the Parish Priest went cold. Fr. Kintang and I immediately understood that he was disappointed that he was Black, although I had told him the priest was coming from Cameroon. Consequently, he assumed the position of chief celebrant and made his visitor play second fiddle. I blamed myself for striking a deal that went so wrong.


THE GIFT THAT COMFORTED US

Even so, Fr. Michael handed us a very telling gift before departing. It was a poem entitled “FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND” by Margaret Fishback Power. My wife and I hung it in the parlour. Each time we felt challenged, we read it and marveled at how great God, indeed, is.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.
After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

THE END



2 commentaires: