Nombre total de pages vues

samedi 7 février 2015

FAREWELL TO MY LOVELY NIECE





I lost a niece last night
Her name was Fri Ndango
She went peacefully in a coma
Which had held here down
For about two weeks
The news was broken to me by SMS
By my elder man, Brother Tah Asongwed
His text said: “She looked very serene.
No tear should be shed
Because she had suffered too much”.

I agree, because I saw her suffer thus
She was on and off for weeks, months
When I stood by her hospital bed over a week ago
And placed my hand on her
She was already unconscious
She breathed through tubes and was in Reanimation
With my eldest Sister, Ma Magdalene, by my side.

I touched her and spoke to her:
“My daughter, I have come this way to see you
But I`ll soon be going back
As I do so, I ask you for only one thing
If you can hear me as I know you do
Let the news reach me that after I left
You got up and walked.”

But as it turned out, she never did
Even so, who am I to judge?
Perhaps as I spoke to her one way
God; her God; my God; your God
The Almighty in his infinite wisdom
Also spoke to her,
Pointing her in the opposite direction
It wasn`t a tug of war between us
Neither was it a race.
It couldn`t have been.
No way!

Today, my lovely daughter`s gone
Although she`s still in the mortuary as I speak
We`ll soon lay her to rest her
 With all the honours she is due.

Of all the daughters in the family
She was the one who physically
Resembled our eldest sister the most
That is one thing that marked me the most.
But then as it is said that
God draws straight lines in a crooked way
Although Fri goes, she also leaves behind
A daughter who resembles her as much
The one I always called her “Carbon Copy”.

So henceforth this is what will happen
When I look at my sister and think of Fri`s vacuum
I will look at her Carbon Copy and feel comforted.

Even so, the pain will still be there
For I am human
If not, what on earth is going to replace
That ever-present smile
And cheering attitude Fri had
Always, all the time?

That is why I say in all things
Let`s give glory to the Almighty
The Alpha and the Omega
He knows best
We loved Fri
But he loved her more.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire