Nombre total de pages vues

samedi 21 février 2015

REQUEST TO FRIENDS OUT OF CAMEROON



REQUEST TO FRIENDS OUT OF CAMEROON

Dear friends of mine, I would be grateful if you could send me some used newspapers and magazines from the countries where you are or from any other country to which you have access. Obviously, this does not include Cameroon where I am.

I wish to use them as “authentic documents” when teaching my journalism and mass communication students, as well as language (French, English, Spanish and African languages) at the university.

Such material would enable the learners and researchers to see how news is gathered and reported in other countries and how language and communication are wielded in other tongues.

Cameroon is a member of the Economic Community of Central African States (CEMAC) which is unfortunately “landlocked and restricted”, compared with its West African equivalent, ECOWAS. Unlike in ECOWAS where there is fluidity in movement of persons from one member country to another, we in our own sub region tend to “stay on the spot”. Such a disposition makes us to be “blind” to or unaware of what is going on elsewhere. That is why I strongly feel that newspapers and/or magazines from elsewhere can be a great mind opener to our students here.

Do not send much. Send only the limited quantity that you can handle - financially and time-wise - and in your own time too.

Send to my private postal address: Dr. Tikum Mbah Azonga, Lecturer and Journalist, P.O. Box 625, Buea, South West Region, Republic of Cameroon.

If you believe you can help with this request, please send me a message through my email address: tmazonga@gmail.com so that I know I can count on you.

Many thanks in advance.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire