Nombre total de pages vues

jeudi 6 février 2014

A POKE AT MY BROTHER, ERNEST MOKOM TAMO

A few days ago, my kid brother, Ernest announced on Facebook, the birth of a baby girl to him and his lovely wife. He has named the baby Mah, after our shared grandmother (paternal to him and maternal to me). I congratulated him because one of my girls is also called, "Mah". But she is called "Mah-Anyoh". The extension to "Anyoh" came from Ernest`s and my elder brother Ni Tah Asongwed (known by his artist`s name, S`TAH, and as Nei Asaah as he is a successor in the village).  When my own Mah was born, I called him and asked how she should be named and he said, "Mah-Anyoh". But I know that although Abu was known as Mah, she herself when exclaiming in Ngamambo (the Mbu/Baforchu language), she used to say "Mbe fo`o me Anyoh", which when translated could mean, "they have dealt with me!" Another child of the family, Mafor, is called "Mah-Akwen".

Here is the real poke: I hope that Ernest won`t do to Mah what he used to do to Tah Walters when we were growing up in Kumbo-Nso.Ernest used his seniority rank to  to provoke Tah and when Tah started crying, Ernest would add insult to injury by shouting at him:

"Cry! Cry fine, stupid thing!Cry! I say cry, eh!"
" And poor Tah would raise his weeping to a higher gear. But today, Tah is Pa`s successor. So he is our father.

THAT IS MAH-ANYOH IN THE PICTURE ABOVE.TAKEN THREE YEARS AGO.  ALTHOUGH SHE LOOKS LIKE LUM AZONGA AT THIS AGE,  IT IS NOT LUM. IT`S HER LITTLE SISTER.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire