Nombre total de pages vues

mardi 25 février 2014

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR PHARMACIES

THE PROBLEM WITH OUR PHARMACIES


There is something abysmally wrong with out pharmacies. They are somehow loose and need tightening up.

I have noticed that when a buyer goes to the pharmacy to buy a drug that is out of stuck, the vendors in the pharmacy will do everything possible for the customer to buy an alternative drug from that pharmacy, sometimes through coercion, simply because that is the one they  have it in stock.

They will argue that it is of the same value and has the same effect as the one the buyer wants. From my personal experience, many of the times I have accepted an alternative drug from a pharmacy, in the end I have realized that it was not as effective as the one I wanted. So what I have resolved to do now is always go back to my doctor to change the prescription.

Another problem is that I have seen chemists sell drugs to buyers who come in with no prescription from a doctor but just called the name of the drug they wanted and they were served. Sometimes some buyers are minors, yet they have are sold drugs.

There are patients who go to the pharmacy to consult when they are not well. But I thought the pharmacist`s job was to sell drugs. Even so, consultations in pharmacies in Cameroon are common. After the exercise, the pharmacists then sell the drugs they have prescribed from their own pharmacies. In a way, that is unfairly obtaining “two for the price of one”.

Frankly, some order must been brought to bear in the pharmacy sector.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire