Nombre total de pages vues

mardi 25 février 2014

PLEASANT SURPRISE AT THE POLICE STATION



          PLEASANT SURPRISE AT THE POLICE STATION

Not long ago, I took my expired National Identity Card to the Police Station for renewal. It was the Special Branch Station in Tubah Sub Division. I was surprised that the officer who served me made and gave me a temporary one on the spot. I had thought I would be asked to come back repeatedly.

That temporary card expired on the 31st of December 2013. So a month later I returned to the Station in a panic, fearing I would be told off. I was not.

When I saw the Commissioner he said cards were ready, and sent me to the issuing officer. When the latter searched among newly prepared cards, she told me mine was not yet there. Then I said to: “That means I have to come back here again?”. She said, not quite, because the card I had brought could be extended. When I asked how soon, she said, “On the spot”. She sent me to another police officer.

When the latter received me, she immediately  extended it for another eight months. “By the time you come back here, your new card will definitely be ready”

“You mean in eight months, then?”, I asked.
 “No, No No!” said she, “ The eight months are just to put you on the safe side. Your card could be here even in a month. Just stop by and check. In the meantime you can still travel using the temporary one”

“So, how much do I owe you?” I enquired.

“Nothing”, she replied. “It`s a free service”.

As I walked out I was telling myself that if this was not a dream, then I do not regret leaving Europe after twenty years to come back and serve my country.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire